As you may know, or may not know the FTC has recently started to regulate blogs and pretty much any site that provides endorsements, testimonials, or recommendations for financial gain(starting 12/1/2009).
Well that’s not a big deal for me, I’ve always disclosed our relationships, whether good or bad. But for the sake of complying, here’s my disclosure:
I’m a big fan of disclosure. I believe in it.
I will always disclose our relationships, whether they are in the interest of financial gain or not. It’s always been the right thing to do. Period.
All testimonials are unsolicited and completely unedited. I believe if you do a good job, you shouldn’t have to be shady
I deeply value my readers and subscribers, as much as they value me, my expertise, and my recommendations. For this reason, I try to be as open and forthright as possible.
While I will make every attempt to disclose each time I make a recommendation on this blog, sometimes I can’t or I simply forget. So I’ve included an abbreviated form on the sidebar.
However, in an effort to be as clear and candid as possible, I’d like to post a more complete version, which highlights some of my relationships, the ways I am compensated, as well as the results I sometimes showcase on this blog.
Here they are…
- I occasionally make recommendations on this blog, which include links to helpful resources for which I get some kind of compensation. I either get a commission for each sale, or receive some form of remuneration, either financially or in kind.
- However, these recommendations are based first and foremoston their merit. I make them either because of their value, helpfulness, and quality, or based on my direct or indirect knowledge of the author’s reputation, track record, and level of expertise. No advertiser will ever influence the content on this blog.
- Some affiliate links are added automatically with the help of software, which linkifies specific keywords within the content dynamically. Others are added after the post is written. In other words, most affiliate links are added incidentally or subsequently.
- Some links do not have any affiliation or compensation whatsoever, but are included for the same reasons expressed above. In other words, I add them based on merit. If I find them helpful and suspect that they may be of interest to my readers, I will include them, regardless of compensation or lack thereof.
- Without question, most testimonials on this blog highlight positive and sometimes extraordinary outcomes achieved under unique circumstances. Typical results are exceedingly difficult to predict or measure, as all markets, businesses, motives, and results are unique. Yours will be no exception.
- As with most training programs or information products, by their very nature all results are atypical. Such programs are not “one-??size-??fits-??all” solutions as they teach a wide variety of systems and strategies. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to predict how, or even if, you will use the information provided in your specific business.
- As with every business venture, there’s inherent risk. You even stand a chance to lose money. So please use discretion when making a purchasing decision.
- All testimonials and case studies are collected from people who have had personal experience with our products or services, and they have each submitted their kind words willingly, and without direct financial payment or compensation.
- In rare cases, such as with case studies, some students have received substantial discounts on our products in exchange for their honest review.
- Some endorsements may not necessarily or directly reflect the specific products showcased on this blog. Some have become friends or partners in various ventures.
- In some cases, I may be an affiliate. However, I do not receive any direct financial compensation for making such endorsements, and I only provide an honest review, whether as an affiliate or not, if I feel the product has merit.
This website or blog is a sponsored blog created or supported by a company, organization or group of organizations. For questions about this blog, please contact Greg Nemer.
This website or blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This website or blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this website or blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this website or blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this website or blog are purely the website or blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This website or blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. We will strive to identify such content, however we may overlook some content, so it may not always be identified.
To create your own disclosure statement, DisclosurePolicy.org has a neat disclosure policy generator available at http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/generator/generate_policy
Greg Nemer Personal Disclosure Statement
The contents of this web site and blog is written and edited by me, Greg Nemer.
The compensation I receive as an affiliate marketer to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics does NOT affect the topics or posts I make in this website or blog.
I abide by word of mouth marketing standards and believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
Unlike so many who promote Internet marketing products, I am NOT a product launch monger who promotes ever product – good or bad – that hits the market.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. I always provide my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
In rare cases, I will mention products that I have not personally reviewed. However, this only occurs when I am familiar with the manufacturer’s previous products and am satisfied that he or she produces only high-quality goods.
Regardless, I will mention if and when I do not have personal experience with the product.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.